Sunday, July 08, 2007

The first week's down

Well I got my first week of commuting over with! Saturday morning had to be the toughest ride.
I road home Friday night, got home at about 9:15 p.m.. Eat drank lots of water and went to bed. I was on the road Saturday morning at 5:45 a.m. I think it took me 25 miles to get the tired rode out. And then I think that it was only because I was over half way to work that I knew I couldn't turn around, so I just kept riding! About the 30 mile mark I hooked up with some tri-ladies and rode with them till I got on the bike path in Madison. They showed me another route so I could avoid a 3 mile stretch of busy highway. And I think took a little bit of the route. Not much but when your tired every little bit helps! Plus I got to see some new roads.
Total miles for the week 189 miles :-)
We'll see what next weeks brings, it would be nice to get in 200. I guess time will tell.

No comments: