Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Words ending in "uck"

The week started off OK and turn bad shortly. The first part of the week went according to plan. Drove to work on Monday there and back. Drove up to Madison Tues. A.M. rode home Tues. P.M.
So far so good. Wed Rain all day didn't get any Honey do's done.
Thurs A.M. get up a 5:25 look outside and what do I see fog! uck! I wait till 6:15 and the fog has lifted enough to start to work. Running a little late, still enough time to get to Madison and be on time for work. No wind and about 60'ish. So off to work I go, I get less then 3 miles from the house and the sound you hate to hear. POP ssssss! uck I found a piece of glass or metal I didn't go back and look.
Just a little note I'm running Dura-ace 7801 SL tubeless wheels with Hutchinson tubeless tires.
The shimano rep in Wisconsin told me that I could ride the tires flat. I tried it and guess want YOU CAN'T!
Now back to our story. I do carry 2 extra tubes just in case I also have a dollar bill for a tire boot.
Get the tube put in and aired up. Now its a good sized cut in the tire 3/4" long and as I look at the tire I see that I have cords showing through. So back home I go. I have a new tire at home.
Ride back the 2. something miles change the tire air it up and look at the clock. 7:20 uck!
Now with all the bad luck that I have had the worse is yet to come. I have to wake up my wife and tell her that we have to load up the kids and take me to Madison to work.
Now that goes better then I expected, "sure honey" is her response. Sweet dodged a bullet there. Work goes fine missed a ride in not a problem. The shop has a century ride planed for Sunday. The Wife and Kids are going out of town for the weekend I can ride the century and not need to get a kitchen pass.
Once again things do not go as planed. Rain all day Saturday, no ride. I'm staying in Madison to get an early start with the guys from the shop. Andrew one of the guys from the shop is in a band so we go listen to him, in the rain on Saturday night. Good band "Brown Derby" there a County band and sound good.
We leave the bar at around 11:30 head back to Mike's house for some sleep. And yes it's still raining. Weather.com says the rain should let up around 8:00am so all should be good, Right?
Mike and Andrew just bought the house the end of July and are still discovering thing about it.
Like the Basement leaks! That sucks I know ours did to! So you guessed it we get back to his house and the Basement has water in it. We move stuff off the wet part to the dry shop vac the water up and then off to the couch for some sleep.
6:45 my cell rings, "Dude it doesn't look good!" are the first words I hear. UCK! The rain did not stop it stalled over Madison. Thunderstorms all day! Double uck!
Now do we wait for this to pass over or just through in the towel? Yup I through in the towel!
Loaded up my bike and crap and headed home.
Maybe next week will be better? I guess time will tell.

1 comment:

ajb said...

uck, man. I'm feeling you on the weather, bro. Shizzy.